Porcelain veneers are very durable. Although they have a very small thickness of 0.5-0.7mm, when glued to the natural tooth structure they become very strong, and with proper care can last up to 10 or 15 years.
They are very aesthetic. Porcelain veneers provide a very natural look to the tooth because the refraction of light in the porcelain gives the same effect as tooth enamel.
They do not change color over time. Unlike composite, porcelain has a smooth surface that does not allow food or liquids to accumulate and change color.
They are conservative. Tooth preparation for porcelain veneers is minimal, thus preserving the normal structure of the tooth.
What problems can be solved with veneers?
Dental veneers are also called “rapid orthodontics” because they can cover a range of dental problems in the frontal area:
– The space between the front teeth
– Teeth with not a very aesthetic shape
– Broken front teeth on the cutting edge
– Teeth that have changed color on the surface or inside (devital teeth)
– Teeth with non-aesthetic filling